Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Office: 6.14 Malet Place Engineering Building (map)
Email: e.decristofaro (at) ucl (dot) ac (dot) uk
PGP Key: ADE1F8BD
Phone: +44 20 7679 0349 (Please email before calling)
Dr. Emiliano De Cristofaro
University College London
Department of Computer Science
Information Security Group
I am a Senior Lecturer (~Associate Professor) at University College London (UCL), which I joined in October 2013.
At UCL, I am affiliated with the Computer Science Department and the Information Security group.
My main research interests include Privacy, Security and Applied Cryptography.
Before joining UCL, I was a research scientist at (Xerox) PARC. I got my PhD in Networked Systems from the School of Information and Computer Science at University of California, Irvine (UCI), in 2011, advised by Gene Tsudik. My dissertation, "Sharing Sensitive Information with Privacy," is available here. I also interned at NEC Labs Europe, Heidelberg (2008), INRIA Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble (2009), and Nokia Research Center, Lausanne (2010). In 2005, I received a Laurea degree in Computer Science, summa cum laude, from the University of Salerno (Italy).
- I'm looking for motivated students, post-docs, and research fellows to work with. Send me an email if you are interested in working with me and my colleagues in the InfoSec group, or in applying to our Security Science Doctoral Training Center.
- My colleagues in the Networking group also maintain a useful page with links and info on studentships, scholarships, and funding for PhD.
- Term 1, 2013: Guest lectures for Computer Security 1, taught by Dr. George Danezis (MSc Information Security, COMPGA01).
- Term 2, 2014: Computer Security 2 (MSc Information Security, COMPGA02).
- Term 1, 2014: Introduction to Cryptography (MSc Information Security, COMPGA03).
- Financial Crypto 2015, InterContinental San Juan Hotel Isla Verde, Puerto Rico, January 26-30, 2015
- WPES 2014, Scottsdale, AZ, November 3, 2014, PC Member
- PETS 2014, Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 16-18, 2014, Program Co-Chair
- GenoPri 2014, Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 15, 2014, PC Member
- WiSec 2014, Oxford, U.K., July 23-25, 2014, PC Member
- Click here for past activities
This website does not support Internet Explorer – please use Firefox, Chrome, Opera, or Safari.