Office: +44 20 7679 0349 (Email before calling)
TextSecure: +44 747 247 9955
PGP Key: ADE1F8BD
Dr. Emiliano De Cristofaro
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
Department of Computer Science
University College London
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Office: 6.04 Malet Place Engineering Building (map)
I am a Senior Lecturer (~Associate Professor) at University College London (UCL), where I am affiliated with the Computer Science Department and the Information Security group. My main research interests include Privacy, Security and Applied Cryptography. Before joining UCL in 2013, I was a research scientist at Xerox PARC (2011–2013). I received a Laurea degree in Computer Science, summa cum laude, from the University of Salerno (Italy), in 2005 and a PhD from the School of Information and Computer Science at University of California, Irvine (UCI), in 2011, advised by Gene Tsudik. My PhD dissertation, titled "Sharing Sensitive Information with Privacy," is available here. During my PhD, I was an intern at NEC Labs Europe, Heidelberg (2008), INRIA Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble (2009), and the late Nokia Research Center, Lausanne (2010).
- I'm always looking for motivated students, post-docs, and research fellows to work with. Send me an email if you are interested in working with me and my colleagues in the InfoSec group, or in applying to our Security Science Doctoral Training Center. For more information on studentships, scholarships, and funding for PhD, I recommend visiting this page maintained by my colleagues in the Networking group.
- New! I have a grant to support a fully-funded PhD studentship to work at the intersection of privacy engineering, security, applied cryptography, and machine learning. If you are interested and (1) have been involved in competitive research projects, (2) have a strong background in at least two of the aforementioned topics, and (3) are EU citizen, please send me an email with a short CV and a list of references.
- New! I have project ideas for both UG and MSc students.
I teach two modules in UCL's MSc in Information Security: Introduction to Cryptography (Term 1) and Computer Security 2 (Term 2). I have also worked with my colleague George Danezis to establish one of the few Privacy courses in the world (Term 2).
- 36th IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (S&P 2015), San Jose, CA, May 18-20, 2015, PC Member
- 2nd Workshop on Genome Privacy and Security (GenoPri 2015), San Jose, CA, May 17, 2015 (co-located with IEEE S&P), Program Co-Chair
- NDSS Workshop on Usable Security (USEC 2015), PC Member, San Diego, CA, February 8, 2015
- 19th Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2015 (FC 2015), Isla Verde, Puerto Rico, January 26-30, 2015, PC Member
- 12th ACM CCS Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2014), Scottsdale, AZ, November 3, 2014, PC Member
- Click here for past activities
- Luca Melis (Sep 2014 –)
- Lucky Onwozurike (Sep 2014 –)
- Andrea Cerulli (Second Supervisor, Sep 2013 –)
- Jeremiah Onaolapo (Second Supervisor, Sep 2014 –)