Phone: +44 20 7679 0349 (email before calling)
GPG Key: 4099EA23ADE1F8BD
Dr. Emiliano De Cristofaro
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
University College London, Department of Computer Science
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
6.04 Malet Place Engineering Building (map)
I am a Senior Lecturer (~Associate Professor) at University College London (UCL), where I am affiliated with the Computer Science Department and the Information Security group. My research interests include privacy-enhancing technologies, network security, and applied cryptography, and more recently, human aspects of security, measuring web privacy and security, and problems at the intersection of machine learning and security.
Before joining UCL, I was a research scientist at Xerox PARC (2011–2013). I received a summa-cum-laude Laurea degree in Computer Science, in 2005, from the University of Salerno (Italy). In 2011, I received a PhD in Networked Systems from University of California, Irvine's School of Information and Computer Science, advised by Gene Tsudik. My dissertation, titled "Sharing Sensitive Information with Privacy," can be found here. During my PhD, I also did research internships at NEC Labs Europe, Heidelberg (2008), INRIA Rhône-Alpes, Grenoble (2009), and Nokia Research Center, Lausanne (2010).
Working with me
Please send me a short (and personal) email with your CV, a list of 2-3 references, and 2-3 paragraphs summarizing your research interests, whether you have funding, and whether you have already contacted someone in UCL's Information Security Group, if you are interested in:
- Applying for a PhD or post-doc under my supervision. For more information on studentships, scholarships, and funding, please visit this page. We also have a Security Science Doctoral Training Center (DTC) that offers funded studentships and I am open to supervise students within the DTC.
- Being hosted at UCL on research visits or fellowships. There are several opportunities for fellowships, including with the EPSRC, Royal Society, Marie Curie, Fulbright, etc.
Teaching and Project Supervision
- Journal of Cybersecurity (JCS), Cryptography and Associated Topics Area Editor
- 37th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland 2016), PC Member
- 19th IACR Conference on Theory and Practice of Public-Key Cryptography (PKC 2016), PC Member
- 23rd Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS 2016), PC Member
- 14th ACM CCS Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2015), PC Member
- Click here for past activities