Office: +44 20 7679 0349 (Email before calling)
TextSecure: +44 747 247 9955
GPG Key: 4099EA23ADE1F8BD
Dr. Emiliano De Cristofaro
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)
Department of Computer Science
University College London
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Office: 6.04 Malet Place Engineering Building (map)
I am a Senior Lecturer (~Associate Professor) at University College London (UCL), where I am affiliated with the Computer Science Department and the Information Security group. My main research interests include Privacy, Security and Applied Cryptography.
Before joining UCL in 2013, I was a research scientist at Xerox PARC (2011–2013). I received a Laurea degree in Computer Science, summa cum laude, from the University of Salerno (Italy), in 2005 and a
Working with me
Please send me a short (and personal) email with your CV, a list of 3-4 references, and 2-3 paragraphs summarizing your research interests, whether you have funding, and whether you have already contacted someone in UCL's Information Security Group, if you are interested in:
- Applying for a PhD under my supervision. For more information on studentships, scholarships, and funding, please visit this page. Also remind that we have a really great Security Science Doctoral Training Center.
- Being hosted at UCL on research visits or fellowships. There are several opportunities, including with the new EPSRC's Trust, Identity, Security, and Privacy program, the Royal Society, Marie Curie, Fulbright, etc.
I teach two modules in UCL's MSc in Information Security: Introduction to Cryptography (Term 1) and Computer Security 2 (Term 2). I have also worked with my colleague George Danezis to establish one of the few Privacy courses in the world (Term 2).
- Journal of Cybersecurity (JCS), Cryptography and Associated Topics Area Editor
- 23rd Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS 2016), PC Member
- 14th ACM CCS Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES 2015), PC Member
- 36th IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (S&P 2015), San Jose, CA, May 18-20, 2015, PC Member
- 2nd Workshop on Genome Privacy and Security (GenoPri 2015), San Jose, CA, May 17, 2015 (co-located with IEEE S&P), Program Co-Chair
- Click here for past activities